There are many ways to express your gratitude for God’s abundant gifts and offer financial support for Good Shepherd. Here are just a few:
Weekly Worship Offering Envelopes:
If you wish to have weekly offering envelopes, please contact the Parish Administrator, envelopes can be printed for you throughout the year.
Electronic Bill Pay:
Nowadays, many parishioners enjoy the convenience of Electronic Bill Payment arrangements with their personal banks for weekly or monthly offerings. You can set up this Bill Pay feature with your own bank through their online banking service.
Simply Giving, our electronic giving program:
If you are looking to simplify your giving, this program was researched and adopted by your Vestry to provide an easy, safe, and secure way to give regularly and support the mission of Good Shepherd. You can set up a recurring giving schedule or make one-time contributions. Recurring contributions provide much-needed consistency for our church even when travel, illness or other circumstances prevent you from attending services. The Simply Giving program is endorsed by the Thrivent Federal Credit Union and operated by Vanco Payment Services. For additional information or to sign up, please contact the Parish Administrator or George Funk, Assistant Treasurer.
For special occasions, memorials, and periodic donations, checks payable to The Church of the Good Shepherd may be offered in the plate at worship services or mailed to 315 Highland Terrace, Pitman, NJ 08071.
General and Designated Giving:
Gifts with no specific designation go into the General Fund and are used where they are most needed. Good Shepherd also accepts gifts for any purpose designated by the donor. Several of the funds already established include the following:
- Nancy Wasilnik Scholarship Fund for our college scholars
- Altar Flower Fund for weekly and Holy Day services
- Families-In-Need Fund to be used at the discretion of the Rector
- Capital Loan Fund to pay off our capital loan
- Memorials in the name of someone you love
- Dubell Endowment Fund for building a strong foundation and support future growth of Good Shepherd
Dubell Endowment Fund Planned Giving:
Contributions to Good Shepherd may be made through estate or financial planning in several ways:
- A bequest in a Will
- Outright gifts of special assets such as real estate, stock, life insurance, or retirement accounts
- A Life Income Gift such as a charitable gift annuity or a charitable remainder trust which will provide income for yourself or a beneficiary as well as support our endowment fund
To learn more about the Dubell Endowment Fund Planned Giving program, contact the Parish Administrator.
Local businesses in Pitman may partner with Good Shepherd. These restaurants donate 10% of parishioner’s tabs to the Church:
Remember to identify yourself as a member of the Church of the Good Shepherd and ask your server to put your total in their book for our church.