While Sunday School has taken a break for summer recess, it’s the perfect time to tell you about our Sunday School committees.
Our Sunday School is led by Amanda McNally and Jenniffer Harrington, however, they do not run the program alone! Seven committees make up the entire program, each an important component to a thriving Sunday School. We invite you to read through the description of each committee below. In early August we’ll hold our 2017/2018 Sunday School planning meeting and we hope you to attend! If you are interested in joining a committee, we’d love to have you! Fresh ideas and eager hands are what make our program a success!
- Student Registration/Attendance : Without students, we have no Sunday School program. This committee is responsible for driving attendance and scouting new attendees through social media, mail, email and various other methods. This commitee is also responsible for ensuring consistent attendance.
- Teacher Recruitment: While students are critical to our program; we need folks to teach them! This committee is responsible for maintaining a full roster of teacher volunteers as well as helping with teacher training and appreciation.
- Bible Story Committee: At 10am each Sunday, our students begin Sunday School by gathering as a larger group to hear a bible story as told or read by a parishioner volunteer. This committee is responsible for identifying, scheduling and notifying the volunteers. They are also responsible for providing recommendations to determine which stories are told each school season.
- Children’s Snack: At the end of the service, the children gather with their families in the Parish Hall where a snack table is set up especially for our youth parishioners. This committee is responsible for set up of the table and coordinating snack donations.
- Youth Fellowship/Special Events: Our Sunday School program goes well beyond classroom learning. Several times a year our students participate in Youth Fellowship group lessons and other special events or outreach. This committee is responsable for developing those events and coordinating the details.
Please prayerfully consider joining one of our committees! Look for an announcement soon regarding our August planning meeting. We’d love to have you!